"Magic happens to you when you do it to someone else" and Other Stories on Magic

Mini Stories on Magic

 Magic happens to you when you do it to someone else

"You know that you have become my magic, my savior, my Aladdin", he told her.

"WOW. And I thought you were the magic in my life. Tell me the story", she asked.

"The day you had come to me and asked for help in decluttering your mind, I was somehow inspired to do magic to your life. My guidances to you were my outpourings of affection. Later I realised that magic was being cast in my life too", he sounded calm and grateful.

"Oh. This is the power of unconditional love perhaps", she was touched indeed.

The biggest secret of life is magic requires generosity. Only when you become generous enough to cast magic on someone else's life, you find the side effect has been that magic is happening to your own life suddenly.
--------------------------------

Never at the surface, Magic lies deep

"I have experienced many beautiful aspects of life, loads of coincidences and a bit of serendipity. Now I am ready to experience the miraculous and the magical", he asked the master.

"Intense makes it magical. When you get up in morning, feel 'deep' gratitude for all the good things. Make it heartfelt and intense. Repeat "deep gratitude" in your thoughts. And you will be ready to move into the zone of magic.", the master replied.

Aha he was now ready for the magic. Master had already given him the map and he could trust his intuition to help him find the way.
------------------------

Your "Magical" Time Starts Now

“Ehh, what’s happening to me? Every time I think of someone, either I get a phone call or a message or some other communication from them. It seems as if they are trying to tell me, “I am thinking of you too.” There is too much serendipity and coincidence happening in my life“, she told him. And then she smiled softly and continued, “What have I done to deserve this?”

He began to laugh and replied, “You have entered the zone of magic. When we align our vibration with the vibration of Universe through positive thinking inside (the mind) and positive people outside ( around us), we enter the zone of magic. Things start happening effortlessly. You end up at the right place at the right time. You meet the right person at the right time. You say the right words at the right time. You get the right idea at the right time.”

He noticed the smile in her eyes and continued, “And you very much deserve this. You have worked hard to unconsciously activate this magic through your focus on positive thinking. The glass of life is no more half full, in fact it would start brimming over now, with a magic called "Serendipity."
------------------------

''I haven't done anything'', said the lady 

He told her with an appreciative glance, ''Thanks for everything. You don't even know what you have done to me.'' 

So the lady got surprised and said, ''But I haven't done anything. What are you crediting me for?''

He said, ''In a way, you are right and you haven't done anything. And I, inspired by you, have done something to myself.''
---------------------------

"How do I invite magic and serendipity?"

The student asks,"How do I invite magic and serendipity in my life?"

The master, "Match your frequency with the frequency of the universe by staying in a state of love and gratitude."

The student, "But how do I stay in a state of love all the time?"

The master, "Firstly surround yourself with people and things you love, to the extent possible. Secondly love the rest of the people and things you are left surrounded with. It is as simple as that."
----------------------------

A Mutual Magic Society

He sent a message on chat, "Yours words are simply magic and they leave me spellbound."

She said, "And so are yours. Have we formed a mutual magic society?"

He continued, "Let's move to the next step. I look forward to a day when we would walk up the stage together and just enthrall everyone. Will we?"

She replied, "Yes, we would just swoosh the magic all around. Let's just do it."


(All characters appearing in the stories above are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. © 2016, Dr Amit Nagpal )
---------------------
A Final Note

These are stories with an element of truth. We are not talking of magical tricks here but magical events like coincidences and serendipity, which transform our lives. In my view, Deep love and Deep Gratitude are the most powerful tools for creating magic in our lives. 

I believe there are four phases of our life viz.
"You can do Magic"-In the first phase we believe the magic lies outside us and believe, “You can do magic”. We think parents, girlfriend, spouse, partner and so on can cast magic on our lives.

"I can do Magic to myself"-In the second phase, we start believing in our own inner magic or, “I can do magic to myself” as we realise our inner strength and powers through meditation or other contemplative practices.

"We can do Magic to each other"-In the third phase, we tend to believe, “We can do magic to each other” and we look for like minded people for whom mutual admiration and respect exists. And a mutual magic society is born at times as we create a significant impact on each other's lives.

"Let's do Magic around us"-In the fourth phase, we look for "Magic Partners" as we evolve beyond, "I, Me and Mine" and discover the magic of unconditional love. We look for people who become our partners in spreading the magic around us, be it spouse, friend, collaborators, business partner and so on.

Have you ever wondered in which phase of magic are you? 
-----------------------------
Brief Profile

Dr Amit Nagpal, PhD is a Business Storyteller, Keynote Speaker and Digital Storytelling Coach. He is one of the pioneers of digital storytelling in India. After working for more than two decades in academics, and corporates (including publishing, television and digital marketing), he realised teaching is meditation and storytelling is his Nirvana.

He is also Chief Inspirational Storyteller at AL Services. AL Services has co-created stories of some of the most inspiring people in India and abroad. He tweets at @DrAmitInspires. To connect / follow on social media, visit about.me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Uncomfortable Soul- A Short Story

How Introverts like Guy Kawasaki & Pete Cashmore are changing the rules of the game with Online Branding?

Best of the Best Quotes on Storytelling-Michael Margolis, Get Storied