"Lessons in Authenticity" and other Mini Stories

Lessons in authenticity....from unexpected quarters
Challenging our own beliefs is probably the toughest lifelong battle. Nearly two years back when I was struggling as an entrepreneur, an unexpected lesson came from unexpected quarters.

I was sitting with a successful webpreneur who is a good friend. I shared with him that I wanted to migrate from professor mode to entrepreneur mode and requested his guidance to do the same. And pat came the most surprising reply.

He told me, "Just be yourself. I made the same mistake you are planning to. I am a techie and I wanted to move to entrepreneur mode. So I started behaving like a salesperson to sell my services. My strength is technical skills, not selling skills. And I failed terribly."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Uncomfortable Soul- A Short Story

How Introverts like Guy Kawasaki & Pete Cashmore are changing the rules of the game with Online Branding?

Best of the Best Quotes on Storytelling-Michael Margolis, Get Storied