Another Lesson Learnt

Though I am a Marketing Faculty, but I have always had a soft corner for soft skills.
At one time, I was training students on "How to handle interviews" and conducting mock interviews mostly asking standard questions like Tell me about yourself, etc.

One answer which has stayed back in my memory, gave me a fresh perspective. I had asked one student the typical question "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"

The student answered "Boldness is my strength and boldness is my weakness". True, boldness applied in moderation or at the right place is a strength but rash boldness can put you in trouble and become your weakness. I was certainly impressed by the out of box approach.

I gained a fresh perspective on how our strength can become our weakness and vice versa. Thank you, students.

_______________________________________________

Dr Amit Nagpal is a Personal Branding Consultant with a holistic touch and an Inspirational Speaker. To know more about him click here


He may be reached at amitknagpal@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Uncomfortable Soul- A Short Story

How Introverts like Guy Kawasaki & Pete Cashmore are changing the rules of the game with Online Branding?