"Good People, Best People" and Other Stories of Wisdom

 Mini Stories on Wisdom

Good people, Best people

The disciple asks, "Master what is the reward of being a good human being? People have endless expectations from you, they often become posessive and you usually end up getting hurt and used."

The master replies, "Yes good people live life fully and painfully. Good people are like trees with fruits and stones are thrown only at trees filled with fruits. So do you want to avoid being vulnerable by becoming a selfish person?"

The disciple replies, "No master. I am actually confused and need your guidance."

The master continues, "Good people are vulnerable, and best people are deeply hurt. Good people are wounded and best people are often destroyed internally. Yet best people also meet human angels very often and live life's most amazing moments."

The master advises, "You need to take a decision based on how much risk you can take and absorb. You can choose to be a best yet vulnerable human being or you can choose the easier option.... first becoming a smart human being and then becoming a good human being."

The disciples leaves with a satisfied look.
 ---------------------------

"An Indian with an American Soul"

"Madame you seem to be lost in thoughts. What are you contemplating about?", he asked her affectionately with a slightly teasing tone.

"I was just reflecting on my life journey especially the past decade. I was so brutally honest & ruthlessly frank that my friends nicknamed me 'An Indian with an American soul'. I said what I meant and I meant what I said", she replied. She was so sweet that he kept falling in love with her again and again.

"Hmmm. And then what happened", he sounded curious. He knew she needed three As all the time viz. attention, affection and appreciation.

"And then I began to change. Age made me mellow down too. I became kindly honest and politely frank", she smiled.

Even 'her smile' could give him the peak of happiness, that ......



-------------------------------

"I am Ready"

"O Master, I am a dumb ordinary mortal. Please tell me a simple prayer for everyday", the disciple asks the master.

"Just pray, 'Thank you God/Universe for the small miracles in my everyday life. I am ready for bigger miracles'", the master replies.
-----------------------------

Idiot for five minutes, Enlightened for another five

" I am sorry for my bad mood. Only our loved ones become our punching bags. And the quote goes that all human beings act as idiots for at least five minutes every day.", she told him sounding guilty and embarassed.

"I prefer to look at the half glass full. I think all humans are enlightened for at least five minutes every day. The flashes of inspiration in the sleep or the bathroom are good examples.", he smiled with a forgiving look.

"That's an interesting paradox. Everyday we are idiots for five minutes and enlightened for another five. That's an interesting human bipolarity or greatest of all the human contradictions." she began to laugh.
---------------------------

Living in the Moment

"I want to be happy master. What do I do?"
"Live in the moment."

"I love challenges master. What is the highest of all the challenges?"
"To Live in the moment (all the time)"
------------------------
The Ego War

"Master I give up. I have tried my best but my challenges never end. I have become cynical, full of complaints and grudges. I don't like what I have become. " the disciple asks.

"Why are you at an ego war with the Universe? You believe that you will become grateful after your challenges end. The paradox is challenges will never end, yet once you become grateful you will develop the courage to face them", the master replies.

The master continues, "Convert complaints into gratitude. Convert grudges into blessings. Convert doubts into faith. And your life will change in miraculous ways. If you are not thankful for what you already have what's the guarantee that you will be thankful if you get more."
-----------------------------

The Intent

"Master what makes us angry at people?"
"When we only look at what they do?"

"Master what helps us forgive them?"
"When we also look at 'why' they do what they do?"

(All characters appearing in the stories above are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. © 2015, Dr Amit Nagpal )
__________________________________

Profile

Dr Amit Nagpal is a Social Media Influencer and a renowned Storyteller / Digital Storyteller. His unique skill lies in inspirational storytelling, anecdotes/ storytelling on social and online media for brand building. He has more than 15 years of work experience in training/coaching and corporates. He has a unique personal story and has featured in several TV, newspaper and online interviews. He tweets at @DrAmitInspires. To follow/ connect on social media, visitabout.me.

Speaker -He has conducted training for reputed organisations including Accenture, Tata Communications, GD Goenka World Institute, and associations including PRSI, DMA, STC India and so on.

Coach-He has coached many CEOs, knowledgepreneurs/ IT entrepreneurs and top professionals in brand storytelling.

Author-He has published 2 books and eBooks on brand building.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Uncomfortable Soul- A Short Story

Personal Branding, An Introduction

How Introverts like Guy Kawasaki & Pete Cashmore are changing the rules of the game with Online Branding?